Long known for innovative electronics manufacturing, companies in Sweden are also known for wise use of resources and protection of the environment. Sweden also is a world leader in the collection and recycling of electronic waste and batteries.
To help Swedish and Scandinavian electronics manufacturing remain both innovative and environmentally responsible, Belmont opened a recycling and recovery facility in Karlskoga in 2010.
The facility serves Swedish and Scandinavian manufacturers and electronic producers, other corporate clients, and governmental organizations with electronics recycling and IT asset management services.
We are also Scandinavia’s largest battery recycler, handling all types of batteries from both municipalities and companies as well as batteries from electrical vehicles.
Our core services include:
- Environmentally sound product recycling that meets or exceeds the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive in Europe
- Aggressive, efficient revenue-sharing plans designed to maximize return to our customers
- Excess, obsolete, and surplus material management
- Component recovery from circuit boards
- Trade-in program management for computers and phones
- Detailed settlement reports fulfilling all legal requirements
- Certificates of destruction
- Regular audits by the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, health and safety authorities, and major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) customers
- Regular health and safety checks for facility staff
- Product handled, recycled, and disposed of according to Swedish and European waste legislation
The facility holds the following certifications and licenses:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- ISO 18001
- Waste Management License
- Carbon Trust Standard Certificate
The facility has a fenced-in location with constant digital monitoring and recording, random security checks and rounds, and secure storage.